Social Media Marketing is Here to Stay?
The power of social media marketing can no longer be denied.? When a site like Facebook can have more activity than the massive behemoth Google, it’s something that even the most rabid traditionalist has to notice.? Consider this:
- If Facebook were a country, it would be the third largest country in the world—twice the size of the USA.
- 2.5 billion photos are uploaded to Facebook each month
- At the end of 2011, Twitter had 95 million registered users
- Twitter is adding 300,000 users per day
- YouTube is the second largest search engine on the web
- 80% of companies use social media for recruitment
- 95% of companies use LinkedIn
- One in four Americans watches a video online every day
- Google has indicated in no uncertain terms that your social media “signals” is a significant ranking factor for your website.
If you’re serious about marketing and growing your business, you must have a social media presence—and it must be reasonably active.
Social Media is Not Optional Anymore.
If you’re like most business owners, you don’t want to hear that.? Sorry.? Get over it.? And get started.? The sooner you take action on your social media presence, the sooner you will start receiving the benefits of social media in your business.
Use social media to:
- Build your brand
- Promote your product
- Generate B2C leads
- Generate B2B leads
- Reinforce your positive reputation
- Negate the effects of a bad reputation
- Establish your authority in your niche
Start and Stay Active
Don’t make the mistake of going half way.? If you’re going to start, you need to keep your social media presence active and alive.? This doesn’t mean you have to do a Facebook or Twitter post every hour, but it does mean that you should do something on a frequent basis.
Don’t Self Promote Too Often
People pay attention to your social media communications because they are either entertaining, informative, helpful or insightful.? Don’t try to sell something with every post.? Share your knowledge and expertise.? You’ll win more fans/followers and turn them into customers if you share valuable information than if you’re always screaming “Buy from me right now!”
Let the Experts Help
Our social media program includes establishing a custom branded presence for you in Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube and creating and uploading content for you on a regular basis to coordinate with your other marketing efforts.